The REIDS PhD programme is offered by the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE).
Candidates enrolled for a PhD programme by research pursue an independent but supervised research in an approved topic based on which a thesis must be submitted for examination. Candidates are also required to attend a number of graduate level courses and pass the examinations.
Applicants are invited to explore their research interests in one of the many research areas, not limiting to the 6 broadly classified research areas listed below:
1. Power Engineering
2. Circuits and Systems
3. Information Engineering
4. Control and Instrumentation
5. Communication Engineering
General Admission Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree with honours of at least a Second Class Upper level or equivalent
• For international applicants whose mother tongue is not English, a good TOEFL score is required. Test dates must be within 2 years or less from the date of your application. IELTS can also be used in place of TOEFL.
• International applicants are also required to have GRE score. Test dates must be within 5 years or less from the date of your application. Applicants from India may use the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering [GATE] score of at least 90% in place of GRE.
For more information, click here to download PhD Programme Brochure.