Mr Roch Drozdowski-Strehl
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Phone: (+65) 6908 1481
Office: CleanTech One, #02-22
Mr Roch Drozdowski-Strehl is a graduate of CentraleSupélec School of Engineering, the Paris-Sud University Master of Research on Network Industries & Digital Economy, the ENA Master of Governance & Administration and the Stanford Ignite Program on Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
Roch is the Deputy Director of the REIDS flagship initiative led by the Energy Research Institute @ NTU. The “Renewable Energy Integration Demonstrator - Singapore” – REIDS, is a Singapore-based RD&D platform dedicated to designing, testing and demonstrating multi-energy solutions for sustainable and affordable energy access-for-all in Southeast Asia. Cf.: http://erian.ntu.edu.sg/reids
Prior to joining the Nanyang Technological University, Roch served as Research Engineer and subsequently Strategy Executive specializing in Smart Technologies and Energy Systems Integration for the ENGIE Group.
- Power systems, distribution networks and micro-grid systems modelling, design, validation and implementation in the specific off-grid context.
- Distribution networks and micro-grids monitoring and control systems with a view of rendering their operation stable under varying operational conditions – including the related IT.
- In-the-field expertise in off-grid microgrid deployment and operations with a continued focus on cost reductions.
- Development of specific standards and best practices as required for off-grid microgrid interoperability.
- Development of widely accepted metrics to assess and compare the economic and financial viability of various off-grid microgrid solutions under specific deployment situations.