Asst Prof Ke Yiping, Kelly
School of Computer Science and Engineering
Big Data Analytics
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Phone: +65 6790 5046
Office: N4 02A 12
Dr. Yiping Ke is an Assistant Professor with the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. She obtained her Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2008 and B.Sc. degree in Computer Science from Fudan University in 2003. Before joining NTU, she was a scientist with the Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR and a Research Assistant Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Her experience has spanned over both academia and industry. She has published over 50 research papers in prestigious journals/conferences, receiving over 2,000 citations. She has served as program committee members and journal reviewers for ICML, NIPS, IJCAI, AAAI, KDD, VLDB, ICDM, SDM, CIKM, ACM TKDD, IEEE TNNLS, IEEE TKDE, VLDBJ, Machine Learning Journal, etc. She has filed 5 US/UK patents with industrial partners. She has secured and managed 9 research grants and industrial funds, and successfully rolled out developed technologies to a variety of domains including business analytics, bioinformatics, fluid dynamics, etc.
- AI and machine learning: transfer learning, machine learning for physics modelling
- Big data analytics: focusing on big data variety
- Data mining: network/graph analytics, clustering, correlation mining, text mining, stream mining
- Data management: indexing and query processing on large-scale graph data
- Applications: business analytics, computational fluid dynamics, bioinformatics