Mr Cherif Assaf
REIDS & Multi Energy Systems and Grids (SMES)
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Phone: (+65) 6908 2329
Office: CleanTech One, #02-23
Mr. Cherif Assaf joined ERI@N as Program Director
in March 2018. His focus is on R&D as well as demonstration and deployment
projects in both REIDS and Smart Multi Energy System (SMES).
Cherif brings with him more than 25 years’ of technology leadership experience at Schneider (France, Italy and Singapore) and
Philips (France and South Africa), plus RD&D and entrepreneurial experience
from various parts of the world. In ERI@N, Cherif plays the role of technology integration across our interdisciplinary research programs.
Cherif holds a Master of Engineering from a
French engineering school in Civil and Electrical Engineering in Lille.
- Power systems, distribution networks and micro-grid systems modelling,
design, validation and implementation in the specific off-grid context
- Grid intelligence (solar forecasting, demand response, fault detection)
- Power applications of artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain for energy transactions
- Development of widely accepted metrics to assess and compare the
economic and financial viability of various off-grid microgrid solutions under
specific deployment situations