Dr. Ding Ovi Lian
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Phone: (+65) 6592 3522
Office: CleanTech One, #06-04
Dr. Ding Ovi Lian joined Energy Research Institute @ NTU in 2010 as a research fellow, overseeing the fuel cell projects and laboratory operation and expansion. In Jan 2016, he was entrusted with the position of Programme Director of Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Technologies. His research background lies in hydrocarbon reforming and purification, and simulation modeling related to fuel cell. His other research interests lie in the field of renewable energies such as wind and solar.
Prior to joining NTU, he was an Assistant Principal Engineer at Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd, exploring deployment of various renewable technologies for commercial and military applications.
He graduated with B.Eng (Hons) from Nanyang Technological University in 1999 and obtained his M.Eng and Ph.D in the areas of fuel cell system modeling and hydrocarbon reforming in 2003 and 2008, respectively.
Career stages at NTU
- 2010 – Present: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Program Director, Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
- Fuel cell powered unmanned aerial vehicle
- Fuel cell as a green power source for port and ship application
- Project spade
- Fuel cell range extender for electric boats
- Low cost, high performance Co-based catalyst
- PKU-CREATE, SOEC
- TUM CREATE, RP7
- Fuel cell for portal and stationary applications
- Fuel reforming
- Gas purification