Dr. Koh Leong Hai
Renewables' Integration & Microgrids
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Phone: (+65) 6592 3543
Office: CleanTech One, #06-04
Dr. Koh leads the Renewables' Integration & Microgrids programme and the SSE research project team with Energy Research Institute @ NTU. He has been instrumental in promoting smart grid development, integration of distributed energy resource, advanced power electronics demonstration, energy sustainability and energy conservation in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. He has worked together with faculty professors in obtaining research funding from National Research Foundation (NRF), A*STAR, Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), the Building Construction Authority (BCA), the Housing Development Board (HDB) Building Research Institute and Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) of Singapore.
Dr. Koh received his Doctorate of Philosophy and Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) from the Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining ERI@N, he held managerial positions in several Multi-National Companies.
Reliability of Energy Management System, MicroGrid and Distribute Renewable Energy System.
- Demand and Respond Management for Power System and MicroGrid
- Advance Metering Infrastructure of Intelligent Energy Management System
- Smart Multi-Energy Systems for industrial energy cost saving and energy saving
- Smart AC And DC Management Systems For Green Buildings
- Smart Field Microgrid for off-grid integration
- Adaptive Integrated Hybrid DC/AC Micro Power Parks System
- An Energy Efficient Low Voltage DC Grid Power Smart LED Lighting System for building energy conservation
- Intelligent Energy System for campus wide implementation of smart metering infrastructure, application software and ancillary services
- Urban Heat Island Effect Mitigation in the Tropics for high rise high density buildings
Green Building Thematic Strategic Research Proposal (TSRP) for the following:
- “High Performance Cool Roof Coating For Green Building”
- “Membrane Based Absorption Air Conditioning and Dehumidification System using Renewable Energy or Waste Heat”
- “Development of Tropical Efficient HVAC Systems with Active Chilled Beam Terminal Units”
High performance coating in Building Research for the following:
- “Cool Coat for Façade Study at Punggol”
- “Study of Cool Roof Materials for HDB Buildings”
- Green Data Centre Innovation Challenge for Toshiba-NTU collaboration “Outside Air Cooling in Modular Data Centre”.
- NTU Energy Efficiency-10% working committee
- Nanyang Campus Innovation Campus – retrofitting of NTU existing buildings campus wide.